Today marks one year since my husband and I said “I do!”…time flies when you’re having fun. <3
For our anniversary, my husband and I wanted to try out Parc in downtown Detroit. We had been hearing really great things about the restaurant, so we decided it would be the perfect place to go to celebrate. Parc is located in Campus Martius, which is in the heart of the city.
The ambiance of Parc is swanky and sophisticated with touches of effortless cool. Three of the four walls of the building are floor to ceiling glass, so you’re able to see the city around you, which is really neat.
We had a very nice table right by some of the front windows and I enjoyed a glass of my favorite champagne! For dinner, I decided to have their Pappardelle Vegetable Ragout, which was AMAZING. I didn’t want it to end! It was so comforting and delicious.
If you ever find yourself at Parc, here are a few other plant-based options you might want to try:
- Parc Lentil Soup
- Chop Salad
- Kale and Arugula Caesar Salad (sub a different dressing if vegan)
- Sweet Potato and Apple Salad (omit crumbled bacon if vegetarian and bacon + gorgonzola cheese if vegan)
- Parc Market Salad
- Spaghettini (omit pecorino if vegan)
- Wild Mushroom Bucatini (omit cream and parmagiano if vegan)
- Sides: Roasted Seasonal Vegetables, Wild and Local Mushrooms, Potato Puree, Yukon Gold Wedges, Broccoli.
I’m looking forward to going back to Parc again and trying some of the plant-based items listed that I didn’t a chance to try this time around!
Have you been to Parc? I’d love to hear what you ate and any recommendations you have to share!
PS: Happy Anniversary to my husband! I love you, handsome!